WordPress is one of the most used content management platform in the world. Its easy to configure, use and there are lot of free WordPress themes available online.
Today, we will be helping you out on, how to reset the WordPress admin password.
Resetting the WP admin Password using the Lost Password option
- One of the easiest step is move to www.abc.com/wp-admin and then enter your username and click on the link that says “Lost your password?” (See screenshot above)
2. Hit the Reset Password button on the next screen and you will receive an email with details on your registered email address. Simply click the link in the email and type in your new password (See screenshot for reference), and you’re done! Easy, right?
What if in the above step, you end up receiving no emails on your registered email address? What will you do? Here is the solution:
Resetting the WP admin Password using Database
- As you can see above, login to cPanel > Move to File Manager and then click on public_html from the left panel. Locate the wp-config.php file.
- To check what database is used for your website, open the wp-config.php file and locate DB_NAME field. Copy the name and move to cPanel again.
- Now click on phpMyAdmin from the Database section. You will see a screen like below,
- Click on wpfl_users and you will find a list of users on the right screen. Click on edit and move over user_pass field.
- Update the password in the “Value” field and select “MD5” from the function column, then hit the Go button at the bottom of the page.
- And you are all done, now head over to your login page and enter your username and new password to login successfully.